Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Allan Stage Interview: Inspirations, style, and what makes him melt.

In my line of work, I have been fortunate enough to meet many talented people that radiate beauty from the courage to express a part of their souls. This includes, my good friend, Allan Stage. For those of you who are not familiar with his name, he is an up-and-coming singer/musician from Denmark who
is definitely making waves despite the fact that he is an independent artist.

While music is such an individual thing, you will find that his eclectic pop style exemplifies a fusion of
European pop well.

I am especially amazed that Allan manages to remain down-to-earth and keeps his great sense of humor, as I am sure you will discover for yourself. His support for independent artists is also to be commended as being an independent store owner, I can certainly relate. I'm proud to consider him a friend. Enjoy!

1. For my friends out here who are not familiar with your work, how would you describe your music?
pop with a twist of everythin really... I feel its kinda skizo.. hehe

2. What are some of your musical influences?
artist on myspace! You can find the coolest bands and artists there! I was listening to OneRepublic even before they had an album out! they rock...

3. Where do you get inspiration for your songs?
my everyday life and erm Love off course.. Its funny you can get inspired just by gettin a cop of coffe somewhere and just look around at people and kinda guess their story... stalker argh!

4. How do you classify your personal style (of dress)? Does your personal style differ from your stage style?
I am very casual. But sometimes like to dress it up a bit with a nice clean jacket a bit of formal wear and a bit of casual.. hehe.. my style I guess was branded european by some american fans.. hehe... I wear the same on stage as off... makes me feel more at ease...

5. What is your daily grooming/hair routine?
wash, condition(when I remember) and sometimes wax/clay... I have been told to blow dry... but hey who has time for that u guys?! hehe

6. You've had both short and long hair. What do you prefer and why?
somedays I would like to go short again, cause long hair sometimes needs a lot more attention and thats a but on the girley side... hehe

7. How would you classify your favorite cologne right now?
trendy/fresh

8. What makes a woman beautiful to you?
That she looks after hereself and smiles... a womans smile makes my world melt...

9. What advice do you have to both men and women about taking care of themselves? erm hmm... look after yourself and get a haircut hehe

10. Where can people find out more about you and hear some of your work? www.myspace.com/allanstage go on check it out and add me...

I know you are busy so thank you very much, Allan, for your time. Much continued success to you, my friend!

Fez Studio
1125 NW 9th Ave
Portland, OR 97209

No comments: